Statutory Timeline of Investment for Foreign Investors in Nepal – Executive Summary – 2 Mins Read

Statutory Timeline of Investment for Foreign Investors in Nepal – Executive Summary – 2 Mins Read

As per Rule 9 (1) of FITTR, 2020, a foreign investor must bring the following percentage of the committed investment within 1 year. The percentage of initial investment is directly proportional with the committed investment.

Within 1 Year

If the commitment investment is up to NPR 50,000,000 At least 25% investment
If the commitment investment is more than NPR 50,000,000 and up to NPR 250,000,000 crores At least 15% investment
If the commitment investment is more than NPR 250,000,000 and up to NPR 1,000,000,000 At least 10% investment
Above 1 Billion At least 5% investment
As per Rule 9 (2) of FITTR, 2020, 70% of the commitment investment amount must be invested before the commercial operation date and the remaining 30% must be invested within 2 years from the commercial operation date.

For more information please contact us via Email: info@lawchintan.com;  Phone/WhatsApp: (+977) 9851133809 / (+977) 9866556697

Disclaimer: The information published on this website is for general information purposes only, and shall not be construed as a solicitation or an offer for an attorney-client relationship.  No one should act or rely upon any information or response to a request for information automatically generated as a result of electronic searches on this website. Chintan Law Associates assumes no liability for such use or interpretation of the subject-matter.